Founded in 1968, Griffiths is one of the leading civil engineering and rail contractors working throughout Wales, the midlands and south-west England. With an annual turnover of circa £250m our 1000+ directly employed, well-trained, dedicated and highly competent workforce deliver client solutions which includes Welsh Government, Network Rail, Highways England, local authorities, Utility Companies and private sector organisations.
In 2018, Griffiths became part of Tarmac, the UK’s leading sustainable building materials business and a wholly owned subsidiary of CRH.
We're now recruiting for a Service Manager to be based at our Abergavenny offices.
We’re working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
On a day to day basis, the successful Service Manager's duties and responsibilities will include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Leading Service delivery, set standards to facilitate high performing teams in line with Company H&S Roles & Responsibilities & legislative requirements including those related to quality and environmental.
- Ensuring Management Plans and documentation required by BMS and Contract specific requirements are produced in line with programme, including all documentation for the PTU.
- Appointing project team members competent for type/complexity of project and ensure adequate resource available to safely plan & deliver the Service.
- Ensuring project appointments in place for TWC, Permits, TSCO, Lifting etc.
- Overseeing all Procurement in timely manner in line with BMS requirements to enable best value procurement. Review/manage all sub-contracts.
- To oversee Service in line with contract requirements
- Leading the production of Project Cost Plan and monthly updates to ensure project delivered to required commercial targets.
- Managing Service operations to maximise operational effectiveness and efficiency by understanding, adjusting and delivering an agreed scope & strategy based on tender principles. Agree & review with team all cost & productivity targets
- Ensuring the contract is operated correctly and required notifications provided in timely manner, ensure payment applications are issued and in line with project forecasts and expectations. Maintain project risk/opportunity register.
- As and when, contributing to and where required produce commercial, H&S and progress reports required by Operations Director
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will be somebody who has previous experience in a similar role and preferably a similar industry.
You will be someone who can demonstrate strong leadership experience and have a passion for customer focus and continuous improvement.
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits.
Some of the range of benefits on offer to employees include:
- Bonus scheme
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice.
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
Tarmac Trading Limited