Founded in 1968 Griffiths are one of the leading civil engineering and construction organisations working in Wales, the English border counties, and the West of England. We pride ourselves in providing the “personal touch” establishing and maintaining mutually beneficial relationships at all levels within client organisations, throughout the supply chain and with stakeholders. We are very proud of our history and what makes us the company we are today.
We also have huge ambitions for the future and want to continue our growth and innovation to remain at the leading edge of our industry we offer a range of career development opportunities as a Business Unit of Tarmac PLC. We are looking for people who share this passion, enthusiasm, and collaborative approach to join our team. As part of a global business in CRH, the career opportunities are limitless.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Site Agent to join our Rail Team. Initially based on the College Road Bridge Project, Hereford. We are looking for an experienced Site Agent looking to take the next career step.
We are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of backgrounds.
Reporting directly to the Project Manager your key responsibilities for this role will include:
- Providing Health and safety leadership to your operational delivery teams and promote behavioural safety improvements
- Ensuring that the site teams rigorously adhere to Network Rail’s Life Saving Rules and reporting requirements
- Promoting and implementing sustainable business objectives
- Achieving gross site margin target as set by the business
- Supporting, when required, the estimating and planning process for allocated schemes/region
- Ensuring sufficient and competent resources are in place for the delivery of assigned contracts and business and project objectives are communicated to your team
- Managing the procurement and performance of Subcontractors
- Manage and develop team members individual performance, identify strengths and development needs to contribute to the succession planning of the business
- Developing and maintaining programmes through the project life cycle and ensure works are delivered against the contract programme
- Leading the project risk management process and ensure effective controls are established to support the safe and timely delivery of the project
The Ideal Candidate
We are looking for a candidate who possesses the following skills:
- Passion for keeping people safe and improving themselves, cultures and individuals
- Excellent leadership, communication, and IT skills
- Ideally have around 6-10 years’ experience in a similar role, but any other relevant experience may also be taken into consideration
- High level commercial acumen
- Degree or HND in civil engineering or similar
- PTS & relevant CSCS Card Holder
- SMSTS or equivalent
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities inc. BAME; LGBTQ+; Working Parents
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
Tarmac is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Tarmac Trading Limited