Founded in 1968 Griffiths are one of the leading civil engineering and construction organisations working in Wales, the English border counties, and the West of England.
We are very proud of our history and what makes us the company we are today. We also have huge ambitions for the future and want to continue our growth and innovation to remain at the leading edge of our industry. We offer a range of career development opportunities as a Business Unit of Tarmac PLC. We are looking for people who share this passion, enthusiasm, and collaborative approach to join our team. As part of a global business in CRH, the career opportunities are limitless.
We are currently looking to recruit a Site Agent who would join our team in the South East Wales region initially working on the Stephenson Street Flood Defence scheme.
The £13.5million project consists of the construction of flood bunds, a 750m sheet pile flood wall, a 400m reinforce concrete flood defence wall, flood gates and highway works requiring close liaison with statutory undertakers, NRW and Network Rail amongst others. The project is CIRCA 18months long and after completion you will be redeployed to other projects in the region.
Based in South East Wales, the Site Agent shall manage, supervise and mentor Sub-Agents, Engineers and Works Manager to ensure high levels of engineering control, efficient productivity and appropriate records. They will also:
- Ensure the delivery of their Projects on time, to budget and to the standard of quality required
- Comply and implement the companies Integrated Management System procedures and guidance and promote its implementation with the Project Team
- Develop a proactive working relationship with Clients, Consultants and all Company personnel
- Familiarise themselves with all Contract Documentation and Drawings including Company Management Plans to ensure the safe and efficient delivery of the Project
- Implement and address items requested by the Project Manager, and review the Contract Programme for their Section and inform of an improvements or concerns in weekly team meetings.
- Promote and lead the site safety culture, ensuring that all works are carried out in a planned, controlled and safe manner, in accordance with statutory regulations, current standards, and the Company SHEQ standards
The Ideal Candidate
We are looking for a candidate who possesses the following skills/experience:
- Strong personal and organisational skills
- Good Leader and encourages others
- Strong communication and IT skills
- Good attention to detail
- Can solve problems calmly, safely and effectively
- To be self-motivated and be able to prioritise and manage workload
- To be responsive to the needs of internal and external customers and colleagues
- High level of Commercial acumen
- Understand change and know how to control it
- Passion for keeping people safe and improving themselves, cultures and individuals
- Customer focus and the ability to build relationships.
- Good negotiation skills
- An ability to plan and organise works safely and efficiently.
- A preference for teamworking and collaboration
- A good understanding of current methods and up to date knowledge of specifications and contract principles
- A working knowledge of NEC contracts and other common forms
- Preferably a further education qualification e.g. Degree or HND/HNC (ideally relatable to Civil Engineering)
- CSCS qualification
- SMSTS (desirable)
- First Aid at work (desirable)
- Temporary Works Coordinator (desirable)
- Confined space (desirable)
- Experience/Qualification in the use of programming software e.g. ASTA/P6/Microsoft Project (desirable)
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Company Car/Allowance
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities (employee networks) we currently have nine communities inc.(REACH) Religious, Ethnic, Cultural Heritage, LGBTQ+, Parents & Carers, Ability, Wellbeing, Female voice and Menopause
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
Tarmac is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Tarmac Trading Limited