At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for a Site Engineer to join our team at Aylesbury.
We’re working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
The Site Engineer will report to the Site Agent and work with the Works Manager and Foreman to ensure that dimensional control and QA processes are undertaken in a timely manner to meet the Project Programme.
Responsibilities will include:
- Promote and lead the site safety culture. Ensure that all works are carried out in a planned, controlled, and safe manner, in accordance with statutory regulations, current standards, and the Company SHEQ standards.
- Record any Near Misses on the Near Miss Cards, completed cards to be provided to the Safety Manager.
- Review Site Operations with Section Agents to ensure that any works being undertaken outside of the Contract Requirements are raised, including those verbally instructed by Employer or Others.
- Monitor delivery of the project, identifying risk and opportunities to optimise project delivery, reporting key risks/opportunities to the Section Agent.
- Ensure contemporary Record Keeping through the maintenance of a site diary.
- Ensure required Setting Out is undertaken in timely manner using the latest Design Information to enable operations to progress effectively and provide material quantity requirements to Works Manager/Section Agent to enable timely delivery of required materials.
- Review Inspection and Test Plans with the Section Agent and ensure the required inspections and testing is undertaken and documented in the relevant file in accordance with the Project Management Plan.
- Provide Quality Co-Ordinator with the required QA documentation for collation and submission to the Employer.
- Continual updating of as-built drawings on site and maintain measurement records to be submitted to Section Agent on Weekly Basis.
- Review all relevant design information and raise Technical Queries where required.
- Ensure all Survey/Testing Equipment has a current calibration certificate and maintain the Equipment Register for all Survey, Testing and Inspection equipment.
The Ideal Candidate
We are looking for a candidate who possesses:
- Strong leadership and motivational skills
- A passion for keeping people safe.
- Customer focus and the ability to build relationships.
- Good negotiation skills
- An ability to plan and organise works safely and efficiently.
- Excellent managerial and organisation ability
- A preference for team working and collaboration
- High level of Commercial acumen
- Strong communication and IT skills
- Attention to detail.
- The ability to prioritise and manage workload and is self-motivated.
- A good understanding of current methods and up to date knowledge of specifications and contract principles
- A working knowledge of NEC contracts and other common forms
- Preferably a further education qualification e.g., Degree or HND/HNC (in Civil Engineering or similar)
- CSCS qualification (desirable)
- Proven experience in Civil Engineering Contracting, preferably Highways, Earthworks and Drainage
- SMSTS/IOSH (Safety Related Qualifications)
- Temporary Works Co-ordinator & confined spaces preferable
- Planning Software & AutoCAD Training would be advantageous
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits.
Some of the range of benefits on offer to employees include:
- Bonus scheme
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice.
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
Tarmac Trading Limited