You will be responsible for managing a bagging plant at our Featherstone site. Working alongside our Operations Manager, you will contribute to the development of the plants strategy for growth. On a daily basis, this will involve:
- Ensuring health & safety standards compliance at all times with a focus on improvement on accidents and incidents for the site as well as continually embedding a positive safety culture that is evident across the site.
- Delivering a highly skilled, fit for purpose, highly motivated and versatile team to ensure business continuity and reduce business risk. Decide staffing and resource allocation within the site.
- Leading and sustaining change through a culture of continuous improvement.
- Fully implementing and sustaining the 5S process and culture.
- Ensuring consistent or better than budget/forecast throughout, quality and cost performance, volume versus plan, cost per unit, yield against standard, control fixed and variable costs
- Supporting the sales team in developing local customer relationships and achieving customer service targets
- Maintaining disciplined stock management processes that provide accurate inventories and accurate and efficient dispatch as part of agreed service levels.
- Providing operational reports on site performance.
The Ideal Candidate
As our ideal Site Manager, you will have the ability to effectively motivate your team and be able to drive a culture of health and safety within your site. You will also be able to demonstrate:
Managing Health & safety in a manufacturing environment
- Managing budget & R&M spend
- Proven record in motivating teams to perform at consistently high levels
- Experience of implementing improvement initiatives in a manufacturing environment
- Change management Experience
At Tarmac, we believe our people are our business. We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards. Joining our team as a Site Manager, you will be entitled to a highly competitive basic salary and a great range of benefits including:
- Preferential overtime rate
- Bonus scheme
- 25 days holiday + 8 bank holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Free uniform and PPE
- Free parking
- Access to the Tarmac rewards website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Healthcare cashback scheme
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice on a whole range of issues
- Training and development
Our people are the most important part of our business and it is important to us that we invest in their health and safety.
Tarmac is the UK’s leading sustainable building materials and construction solutions business. Our innovative products and solutions not only deliver the infrastructure needed to grow the UK economy today but also help to create a more sustainable built environment for the country’s long term future.
By the way, as part of CRH, our employees have access to a range of careers within the wider group which operates at over 3,800 locations in 31 countries. CRH generates endless possibilities for individuals who are hungry for that next challenge!
If you share our values and have the drive and enthusiasm to help us fulfil our vision, we would like to meet you.
Tarmac Trading Limited