At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for a Site Manager to join our friendly team based at Dove Holes in Buxton.
Here at Tarmac, we are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
Reporting to the Senior Operations Manager – Cement & Cementitious, working closely with the Shift Supervisors, the Site Manager will be accountable for all site operations.
In this role, you will directly manage two employees working days, with close liaison with suppliers and internal stakeholders to meet the Plant and Business Units budget objectives and KPI’s.
Plant operations are 7am – 3pm Monday - Friday and the role requires flexibility to ensure effective running of the Site, this may involve being on call or the occasional weekend working if necessary.
- Responsible for all work undertaken in the Packing Plant including infrastructure.
- Specialist and Industrial Packing and Processing.
- Customer focus and Liaison work.
- To lead and manage all Tarmac UK and contractor personnel working in the Packing Plant areas, with safety as the key priority.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant HSE legislation.
- Develop and maintain the Packing Plants health and safety and compliance documents in order to fully meet the ISO requirements.
- Implement and ensure compliance with Tarmac health and safety systems / standards and best practices.
- Ensure that all work undertaken in the Packing Plant is risk assessed and safe-working procedures are put in place.
- Ensure that all accidents and incidents are reported, and fully investigated and corrective action taken as necessary.
- Project management of projects within the Packing Plant within agreed timescales and budget.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate for the role of Site Manager should be able to demonstrate extensive previous management skills, the experience of managing a function or team in a results-orientated environment. As well as possess excellent knowledge of Production operations in similar heavy industrial environment with a good awareness of safety, quality and environmental issues and legislation.
- Minimum 5 years' experience working in a packing plant environment.
- Specialist and Industrial Packing and Processing experience preferred.
- Experience of undertaking risk assessments and developing safe working procedures.
- Experience of managing teams and staff development.
- Excellent Customer engagement skills and the ability to focus on the customer.
- Project management experience.
- Effective Budgeting and cost control skills.
- Flexibility for participation in “on call” rota with the Production Team.
- IOSH / NEBOSH certificate.
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities (employee networks) we currently have nine communities inc.(REACH) Religious, Ethnic, Cultural Heritage, LGBTQ+, Parents & Carers, Ability, Wellbeing, Female voice and Menopause
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
Tarmac is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Tarmac Trading Limited