At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for an experienced Supervisor to join our NRP (National Road Planning) team based in RAND, Market Rasen, Lincolnshire.
We’re working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
In the role of Supervisor, you will be reporting directly to the Manager and you be responsible for the overall day to day operations of the NRP teams. You will also be responsible for:
- Managing, Supervising, and delivering highway maintenance works across site and the designated region
- Your main responsibilities will cover supervising a wide range of highway maintenance works such as groundworks, drainage, kerbing, concreting and asphalting
- You will be responsible for managing the workforce
- Your role will be to ensure works are delivered within programme, in a safe manner, and commercial targets are met
- Possess a flexible approach to the working day as required, this will include weekend work and night work is possible and can be expected due to the nature of the work
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate for the role of Supervisor will have previous experience in a similar role, as well as:
- SMSTS/SSSTS/IOSH qualifications - desirable
- Supervisory experience – preferably within the civil engineering industry
- Knowledge of role practices and procedures
- Good communication and organisational skills
- Motivation and willingness to learn both as an individual and to support your wider team
- Good IT skills
- Have a flexible working approach (in terms of working hours)
- Full UK Driving Licence
In addition to the role of Supervisor we also offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Bonus scheme
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities inc. BAME; LGBTQ+; Working Parents
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
Tarmac is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Tarmac Trading Limited