At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for a Site Technician to join our friendly team based in Hendy, Pontyclun. Here at Tarmac, we are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
This is a field based role and the purpose is to ensure that the quality of our asphalt is consistent within our testing laboratories and when used for laying. The main responsibilities associated with this role are:
- To be mobile and to attend laboratories and areas around South Wales where our materials are being produced and used
- To perform the role of a site auditor to ensure the range of materials we are offering to customers are of good quality and appearance
- To be customer facing, dealing with enquires and complaints
- To conduct investigations on any site that receives complaints
- To be self-sufficient and to manage their own time effectively when organising site visits
- To be compliant with company Health and Safety policies and procedures
- To report any issues/complaints of product to Senior Management team
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience within a similar industry. They will have excellent knowledge of both asphalt production and be familiar with asphalt laying operations. They will also:
- Be flexible in their working approach
- Be able to identify issues with the quality of the product
- Have good knowledge of materials
- Be familiar with BS 594987 and SHW 900 series
- Be customer focused
- Have experience within customer service dealing with complaints
- Have good communication skills (both oral and written)
- Have prior experience of working in similar environments i.e. asphalt laboratories or as onsite technical support
- Be IT Literate – for purposes of report writing and using a tablet in the role
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits.
Some of the range of benefits on offer to employees include:
- Bonus scheme
- Company Van
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice.
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
Tarmac Trading Limited