Skilled Road Surfacing Operative
At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for a Skilled Road Surfacing Operative to join our team based in Agecroft, Salford.
We’re working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds
Reporting directly to the Foreman and will work as part of an Asphalt machine lay gang on a variety of schemes such as motorways & airfields to new build carriageways, standard Local Authority streetworks as well as private, industrial & commercial works.
The Skilled Road Surfacing Operative will be responsible for:
- Operating Road Surfacing equipment daily (Pavers, Heavy Rollers, JCB 2CX)
- Working as part of the team and completing works on instruction from the Foreman
- Being flexible in your working approach. There is a requirement with this role for a multi skilled candidate and so day to day responsbilities may differ
- Adhering to on site Health and Safety procedures at all times
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate previous experience working as a Skilled Road Surfacing Operative within a Civil engineering, Construction or similar environment. They will also:
- Possess good communication skills and have a real desire in developing both operative and supervisory skills
- Have experience within a multi skilled Surfacing Operative role
- Be motivated and flexible in their working approach as there is a requirement to work varying shifts which could include nights and weekends
For the regular operation of Road Surfacing equipment it is ideal for candidates to possess competency cards and relevant tickets for:
- JCB 2CX
- Heavy Rollers
- CSCS is also required
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Bonus scheme
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
At Tarmac we are passionate that our workforce reflects the communities where we operate. Our ambition is that everyone regardless of level, role, or background will enjoy an environment of respect, inclusion and belonging. We actively remove barriers to ensure everyone is supported and can reach their potential with us. We take active steps to encourage people from a broad range of backgrounds to apply for jobs at Tarmac as we believe a diverse, inclusive company will enable everyone to thrive. We are a disability confident employer and will make reasonable adjustments as required. We are committed to support part-time and flexible working and believe getting the balance right is critical to personal and professional success.
Tarmac Trading Limited