Software Asset Manager
At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for an IT Software Asset Manager to join our IT team based in Solihull, West Midlands. Flexible/Hybrid working available. You will be manager of a small team (one Analyst reporting in the SAM position).
In this key role you’ll be responsible for managing and controlling Tarmac’s IT software assets, ensuring that an accurate and comprehensive licence inventory (Effective License Position ELP) is maintained and that unambiguous current usage and entitlements are embedded in IT kit/license provisioning and deprovisioning operations. You’ll also act in both a detective and preventative capacity to ensure compliant IT operations.
In addition, you’ll provide regular reports to the IT leadership team covering ELP and associated risks, offer best practice advice to IT and Business staff and be the lead contact for all vendor licence audits.
This is a varied and rewarding opportunity that calls for an experienced IT Software Asset Manager. Reporting directly to the Head of Control & Assurance you’ll have full responsibility for the following:
• Working as the Subject Matter Expert in all matters relating to software contracts and license entitlement
• Maintaining an accurate record of software assets and utilisation including subscriptions and services, while proactively looking to recover unused and under-utilised licences for reuse
• Providing management reports on compliance, risks and trends requiring action and proposing solutions to mitigate any identified risks
• Provide up to date knowledge and understanding of licence agreements working with existing and new suppliers to assess relevance and impacts of any changes on Tarmac
• Educating users and promoting licensing best practice
• Oversight of, and assistance in, management of user requests and Service Now tickets
• Ensuring that the licencing implications of new technologies identified through any project pipeline are considered, risk-managed and the appropriate financial provisions are made
• Providing inputs to the design and implementation of IT policies, methodologies, tools, and standards
• Supporting commercial negotiations for licence acquisitions
• Leading the response to external vendor licensing audits
• Management and development of a Software Asset Analyst
The Ideal Candidate
To be successful in this role you’ll need to be:
Educated to degree standard or able to demonstrate appropriate significant and relevant experience in a similar role.
Accredited by relevant software vendors (where available)
Competent in using industry standard licence management applications
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Bonus scheme
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities inc. BAME; LGBTQ+; Working Parents
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
Tarmac is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Tarmac Trading Limited