Software Asset Manager
At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for an experienced Software Asset Manager to be based in our Head Office in Solihull.
We’re working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
Reporting directly to the Head of Control and Assurance you will be responsible for:
- Leading a small team of licensing specialists within the Control and Assurance team in the IT department
- Translating complex technical licensing concepts into plain English
- Conversing with IT and non IT staff including end users
- Monthly reporting for senior management
- Ensuring compliant use of software and prevent vendor audit findings
- Advising managers and users on the rights and obligations of software use
The Ideal Candidate
This is a varied, complex and rewarding position that requires a candidate with extensive experience in the software licensing field (including managing compliance audits) having developed expertise in software licensing agreements relating to major IT vendors including Microsoft, Oracle, SAP, IBM etc. The idea candidate will also:
- Be able to confidently converse with stakeholders of varying seniority levels both internally and externally
- Have management experience
- Be able to work with a high level of accuracy
- Have experience of creating reports
- Be highly organised and motivated
- Be degree qualified or have considerable (5 years +) experience of working in the Software Licensing field
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry leading rewards, incentives and benefits.
Some of the range of benefits on offer to employees include:
Enhanced holiday entitlement
Contributory pension scheme
Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice.
Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
At Tarmac we are passionate that our workforce reflects the communities where we operate. Our ambition is that everyone regardless of level, role, or background will enjoy an environment of respect, inclusion and belonging. We actively remove barriers to ensure everyone is supported and can reach their potential with us. We take active steps to encourage people from a broad range of backgrounds to apply for jobs at Tarmac as we believe a diverse, inclusive company will enable everyone to thrive. We are a disability confident employer and will make reasonable adjustments as required. We are committed to support flexible working and believe getting the balance right is critical to personal and professional success.
Tarmac Trading Limited