Strategic Account Manager - Asphalt
At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We're looking for a Strategic Account Manager (Asphalt) to join our team working out of our Snodland office, Kent, ME6 5PJ.
The purpose of our Strategic Account Manager is to ensure commercial success of our high value customers. These are field based, highly skilled roles.
You will directly manage, engage and develop a predetermined portfolio of high value Tarmac customer accounts aligned to the region’s commercial strategy.
Key responsibilities of this role include:
- Ensuring optimum success with direct customer account management. Success is determined by the achievement of profit, revenue and tonnage target requirements in line with all commercial expectations.
- Operating at all levels within industry with a strong understanding of business and effective executive management.
- Focussing on managing, developing and being the first point of contact for a portfolio of high value accounts determined by the Region’s commercial strategy.
- You'll be effective within the customers world by providing a high level of industry insight and forward thinking making the Strategic Account Manager an essential part of the customers’ business.
- Creating accurate, relevant and up to date Account Action Plans is an important part of this role and these will involve long, medium and short term planning.
- It's also important that you consider the risk of high value customers and have plans to mitigate this risk.
- Ensuring that all commercial target requirements are achieved.
The Ideal Candidate
We're looking for an individual who is able to create rapport through considered questioning and accurate active listening. In addition to this you'll be able to:
- Build relationships and trust through providing solutions to a customer’s pain.
- To be emotionally resilient and intelligent.
- Handle situations in a positive manner where conflict exists without giving away company liability.
- Demonstrates skills in tracking and developing portfolio
- Effective use of questioning and listening to establish customer needs vs. wants.
- Effective at adapting appropriate approaches to influence and persuade.
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Company Car/Allowance
- Bonus scheme
- Training & Development
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Industry Leading Maternity & Paternity Policies
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities inc. BAME; LGBTQ+; Working Parents
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
Tarmac is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Tarmac Trading Limited