Reporting to the Site Manager, you will:
- supervise the day-to-day site activities to ensure the safety of everyone on site
- ensure that labour resources are maximised to fulfil production & delivery requirements, and all management systems are adhered to
- co-ordinate the weekly production schedule to comply with S&OP production targets and ensure finished stock is maintained within min/max stock requirements
- troubleshoot plant issues and identify areas for improvement
- assist with site maintenance as required
- manage daily finished goods collections and raw material deliveries to the site, ensuring all paperwork is correctly received and all dispatch tickets are correct.
- monitor and investigate product failures, making adjustments and/ or recommendations to improve performance.
- monitor the production processes and adjust schedules as required to account for peak and reduced demand periods.
- supervise production employees to ensure they are aware of, and comply with, all company policies and procedures, meet performance levels, and undertake training as required.
- conduct regular reviews with the site team to ensure that good housekeeping is maintained across all production areas and planned preventative maintenance is undertaken as scheduled.
- work closely with internal colleagues and external stakeholders to improve business performance
The Ideal Candidate
This is a varied, complex and rewarding position that requires:
- Working knowledge of HSE / IOSH working safely
- Willingness to learn, support and develop others through people supervision
- Operational experience
- Licences (mobile plant)
- Good communication skills
- Willing to work flexible hours
- Accuracy and attention to detail
At Tarmac, we believe our people are our business. We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards. Joining our team as a Supervisor, you will be entitled to a highly competitive basic salary and a great range of benefits including:
- Bonus scheme
- 25 days holiday + 8 bank holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Free uniform and PPE
- Free parking
- Access to the Tarmac rewards website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Healthcare cashback scheme
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice on a whole range of issues
- Training and development
Our people are the most important part of our business and it is important to us that we invest in their health and safety.
Tarmac is the UK’s leading sustainable building materials and construction solutions business. Our innovative products and solutions not only deliver the infrastructure needed to grow the UK economy today but also help to create a more sustainable built environment for the country’s long term future.
By the way, as part of CRH, our employees have access to a range of careers within the wider group which operates at over 3,800 locations in 31 countries. CRH generates endless possibilities for individuals who are hungry for that next challenge!
If you share our values and have the drive and enthusiasm to help us fulfil our vision, we would like to meet you.
Tarmac Trading Limited