At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently recruiting for a Plant Supervisor to join our fantastic team at our Washwood Heath Tarmac site in Birmingham. The site is easily accessible via most major road networks, based in the heart of the Midlands on the outskirts of Birmingham and without entering the new ‘Green Zone’.
We’re working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
Reporting directly to the Plant Manager, you as the Plant Supervisor will assist in the day to day safe running of a busy Asphalt plant. You in the role of Plant Supervisor will also be responsible for (not exhaustive):
- Operating fixed and mobile plants
- Administrative and compliance duties
- Using computer systems (Fortek, SAP, Excel and similar platforms)
- Housekeeping tasks and general maintenance assisting the fitting team
- Adhering to Health and Safety policies and procedures and encouraging others to do so
- Shift management of your team
- Work with other Plant Supervisor's to ensure the plant is always running to it's expected capacity and in line with the manufacturing and production programme
The role runs on a shift pattern 4 on – 4 off with shift allowance and overtime available as required to meet with the demands of an extremely busy and growing site
The Ideal Candidate
To be successful in this role of Plant Supervisor the ideal candidate will ideally have previous experience of working on Asphalt plants; although this is not essential as full training would be given, supervisory experience is a must. You as the Plant Supervisor will also:
- Have loading shovel and processing plant operational experience
- Have excellent communication and organisational skills
- Be able to liaise with stakeholders of varying seniority levels across Tarmac and CRH business units
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team; providing the motivation to yourself as well as your team to achieve the site production requirements
- IT literate with the ability to use not only the Microsoft suite of packages but also our in-house CRM computer system
- Be flexible in their working approach
- Inspire both you and your team to progress on both a personal and professional level
In addition to the role of Plant Supervisor we offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Bonus scheme
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities inc. BAME; LGBTQ+; Working Parents
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
Tarmac is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
@Tarmac #Tarmac #Tarmaccareers #Asphaltsupervisor #Plantsupervisor
Tarmac Trading Limited