At J B Riney, our people are our company. The way in which we treat our people – both our employees and the communities in which we live and work.
J B Riney is a long- established Civil Engineering company who have operated in the Greater London area for nearly 40 years. Working alongside many Local Authorities and Councils, our well-earned reputation is built on local knowledge, reliability, quality products and services as well as a customer focused delivery.
We are looking for a Supervisor to join our team based in London, DA17 6BS.
We’re working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
Reporting into the Contract/Operations Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Managing labour, plant, materials and subcontractors on site to ensure that all construction activities are carried out in a safe manner and in accordance with programme/works order, budget and quality requirements.
- Ensuring compliance with the Company’s policies, processes and procedures. Working closely with the project Quantity Surveyor(s) to understand the commercial strategy for each project and implement this on site to maximise returns.
- Development and maintenance of relationship with Client Engineers and Supervisors.
- Leading and developing the site team to drive best practice and continuous improvement.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will have previous experience in a similar role, as well as:
- Hold a construction qualification (NVQ 3) or a similar qualification
- Supervisory experience – preferably within the civil engineering industry
- Service Technical Knowledge
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
Tarmac is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Tarmac Trading Limited