At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for a Quarry Supervisor to join our team in Sevenoaks, Kent.
We’re working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
Reporting directly to the Quarry Manager, the successful candidate will make sure that the daily operation of the quarry is being run to the highest standards of safety and equipment efficiency. They will also:
- Assist the manager / supervisors with meeting daily production targets
- Manage a team of Operatives
- Deputise for the Unit Manager as required
- Follow SHE policies and procedures
- Ensure Plant always conforms with safety requirements
- Act on any defects and implement remedial action.
- Assist in the maintenance regime of the Plant
- Ensure that plant availability is maximised
- Manage, train and support all departmental supervisors
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate previous Supervisory or Management experience gained within quarry or similar environment. As well as possess good communication and have a real desire in developing your own skills.
- Geotechnical level 3
- IOSH Managing Safely
- QCF level 5 or working towards, quarry inspections
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Bonus scheme
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
At Tarmac we are passionate that our workforce reflects the communities where we operate. Our ambition is that everyone regardless of level, role, or background will enjoy an environment of respect, inclusion and belonging. We actively remove barriers to ensure everyone is supported and can reach their potential with us. We take active steps to encourage people from a broad range of backgrounds to apply for jobs at Tarmac as we believe a diverse, inclusive company will enable everyone to thrive. We are a disability confident employer and will make reasonable adjustments as required. We are committed to support flexible working and believe getting the balance right is critical to personal and professional success.
Tarmac Trading Limited