Founded in 1968 Griffiths are one of the leading civil engineering and construction organisations working in Wales, the English border counties, and the West of England.
We pride ourselves in providing the “personal touch” establishing and maintaining mutually beneficial relationships at all levels within client organisations, throughout the supply chain and with stakeholders.
We are very proud of our history and what makes us the company we are today. We also have huge ambitions for the future and want to continue our growth and innovation to remain at the leading edge of our industry We offer a range of career development opportunities as a Business Unit of Tarmac PLC. We are looking for people who share this passion, enthusiasm, and collaborative approach to join our team. As part of a global business in CRH, the career opportunities are limitless.
We're now recruiting for a Site Foreman/Supervisor to join our growing Major Projects Team initially on Worcester Southern Link Road working on Highways/Earthwork/Drainage Projects of various sizes for several key clients across the public and private sectors.
We are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it is important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
Reporting to the Works Manager you will be responsible a variety of tasks including:
- Providing health and safety leadership to the operational delivery site team
- Ensuring the teams are organised and well-motivated to safely meet the required programme milestones
- Providing daily briefings and toolbox talks to teams
- Providing regular updates to line management on work delivery and progress
- Setting site teams to work safely in accordance with assessed construction risks and adherence with the defined control measures
- Set site teams to work safely in accordance with assessed construction risks and effectively communicate the control measures and ensure they are maintained.
- Management of Highways gang
- Promoting and maintaining effective client and stakeholder relationships to protect and enhance the company’s reputation to enable repeat business
- Upholding the core company values, inspire and encouraging the same throughout the team
- Ensuring the timely ordering and delivery of all plant and equipment appropriate for safe delivery of the works and is secured and maintained effectively
The Ideal Candidate
To be successful in this role it is likely the ideal candidate will have a relevant experience within the Highways/Road Construction sector along with proven leadership skills.
You may also be qualified to NVQ Level 6 – Construction Site Management and be in possession of an SMSTS and have a relevant CSCS card.
At Tarmac we are passionate that our workforce reflects the communities where we operate. Our ambition is that everyone regardless of level, role, or background will enjoy an environment of respect, inclusion and belonging. We actively remove barriers to ensure everyone is supported and can reach their potential with us. We take active steps to encourage people from a broad range of backgrounds to apply for jobs at Tarmac as we believe a diverse, inclusive company will enable everyone to thrive. We are a disability confident employer and will make reasonable adjustments as required. We are committed to support flexible working and believe getting the balance right is critical to personal and professional success.
Tarmac Trading Limited