At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for a Surfacing Operative to join our friendly South East team in Snodland, Kent. Here at Tarmac, we are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
As a Road Surfacing Operative you will have worked in a similar industry and will have experience of working on Road Surface contracts using aggregates and asphalts. Other responsibilities for this role will include:
- Reporting directly to the gang Foreman and Supervisor
- Driving/operating various machinery associated with road surfacing
- Adhering to on-site Health and Safety policies and procedures and encouraging others to as well
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate proven experience of working within a similar working environment. They will:
- Have ideally obtained a CSCS card
- Have experience in asphalts and road laying
- Have experience of operating road surfacing machinery/equipment
- Ideally be experienced in project work – ideally on motorways
- Be able to work independently but also as part of a team
- Be motivated
- Hold a valid UK driving licence
- Be flexible
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- 25 days holiday
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Contributory pension scheme
- Sharesave scheme
- Access to the Tarmac rewards website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
Tarmac Trading Limited