At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for a Systems Accountant to join us on a temporary to permanent contract and be based in Solihull, Birmingham on a hybrid / home working pattern.
Here at Tarmac, we are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
Reporting directly to the Senior Manager Automation & Insight, as the successful candidate, you will assist the Finance teams in constantly pushing the boundaries of what our software can do for us, so the ideal person will enjoy transforming processes to deliver improvements, taking charge of all financial modules and managing issues through to resolution.
Key tasks and responsibilities;
- Advise in the effective use of technology to enable process improvement and financial compliance
- To increase system knowledge and collaboration across users and departments
- To ensure efficient, effective, and proper use of our ERP system
- Month-end and close activities in our accounting systems
- Delivery of reliable and accurate accounting information and reports within specified timelines
The Ideal Candidate
To be successful in this role the candidate should be able to demonstrate previous systems experience particularly in SAP, across all modules (ERP architecture) and be a Qualified, Part Qualified (ACA, CIMA or ACCA) or Qualified by Experience Accountant.
Other requirements would include:
- Proven track record of delivering improvements, troubleshooting and project-based work
- Business partnered across finance and IT, not limited to their own area
- Experience of analysing and translating financial requirements into application solutions, ensuring that internal policies and procedures are met
- Strong appreciation for internal controls, particularly Sarbanes-Oxley
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities inc. BAME; LGBTQ+; Working Parents
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
Tarmac Trading Limited