Founded in 1968, Griffiths is one of the leading civil engineering and rail contractors working throughout Wales, the midlands and south-west England. With an annual turnover of circa £225m our 1000+ directly employed, well-trained, dedicated and highly competent workforce deliver client solutions which includes Welsh Government, Network Rail, Highways England, local authorities, Utility Companies and selected private sector organisations.
In 2018, Griffiths became part of Tarmac, the UK’s leading sustainable building materials business and a wholly owned subsidiary of CRH. Griffiths has over 1,000 employees operating across 100 sites or schemes at any given time.
We're now recruiting for a Systems Manager to join our team at our Head Offices in Abergavenny.
The primary purpose of the role is to manage and enhance Alun Griffiths (Contractors) Ltd management systems, ensuring that it meets and exceeds the requirements of all legal, regulatory and other standards, along with continually improving Alun Griffiths business management systems.
Reporting to the Quality & Assurance Manager, the successful Systems Manager's duties and responsibilities will include (but are not limited to) the following:
Ensuring the Griffiths business management system is being implemented by all departments, across all regions within the business.
Communicating changes to the business management system.
Identifying practical and deliverable measures to continually improve the overall performance of Griffiths.
Developing and presenting reports, along with KPI data, as required by line and senior management.
Working with functional departments in developing and improving business processes and standards.
Management of ISO 9001, 14001 & 45001 accreditations and external auditing bodies.
Management of internal and external audits.
Support and participate in effective SHEQ audits, both internal and external, to ensure compliance with company policies and standards.
Manage and upkeep revision status of the policies, standards and documents within the BMS
Continually developing and improving the company system platforms to support operational teams.
Management of SHE-Assure, H&S reporting system.
Maintaining and understanding of legal and other frameworks relevant to SHEQ, developing, implementing and driving continuous improvement.
Providing operational teams with SHEQ support throughout the project lifecycle.
Attending and contributing at SHEQ and management meetings.
Work closely with Quality & Assurance Manager.
Assisting Head of SHEQ as required.
Provide training on the use of the systems.
Management of internal & external stakeholders requirements.
Support with the implementation of the Quality & Assurance Strategy.
Work with the SHEQ auditors on the implementation of the Assurance Programme.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will have the following skills, experience and attributes:
- Excellent planning and organisational skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build trust and productive relationships.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office 365.
- Proficient time management skills
- Good verbal, written and presentation communication skills
- Ability to clearly disseminate written policies and procedures related to the construction industry environment requirements.
- Ability to handle multiple and changing priorities and tight deadlines while remaining detail oriented.
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently or as part of a team.
Experience with external audit bodies.
Engagement with senior leadership.
Competent IT skills to develop new systems.
Coaching skills to support cultural change.
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Bonus scheme
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities inc. BAME; LGBTQ+; Working Parents
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
Tarmac Trading Limited