At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for a Workplace Computing Team Leader to join our IT team based in Solihull. The role is hybrid working.
The role is responsible for leading the delivery of consistent, appropriate, secure, cost-effective and high quality WPC services to the business. It ensures technical input and analysis to support WPC asset lifecycle including hardware, software, mobile devices, licences, warranties etc from acquisition to disposal and provides technical expertise in the WPC landscape including research and development of Standard Operation Environments (SOE), operating systems, client hardware and software versioning. In addition, it will mentor and support junior team members.
In this role you'll:
• Coach & mentor analysts to increase staff motivation, foster growing skill sets and widen the talent pool, while supporting the recruitment process when required.
• Work as a Subject Matter Expert for relevant WPC scope on business projects in line with business strategy.
• Build solutions that comply right first time by design, deploying a basic understanding of GDPR, SOx and GISP
• Manage expert second-line support to IT users in line with agreed SLAs
• Investigate incidents and identify and mobilise resources required to aid resolution and escalate SLA breaches
• Act as a Subject Matter Expert in the Change Management process
• Provide vendor liaison to support service delivery to agreed SLAs
• Support the incident root cause analysis process • Lead continuous process improvement
• Ensure compliance with Internal Control processes and procedures and deputise for the team manager.
The Ideal Candidate
To be successful in this role you must have:
- Effective communication skills -both technical and non-technical
- A natural innovative thinking and problem solving ability
- WPC Lifecycle asset management experience
- Mentoring / Coaching experience
- An education to degree standard or able to demonstrate appropriate significant and relevant experience in a similar role.
- ITIL certification/training
- Accreditation by relevant software/hardware vendors (where available)
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Bonus scheme
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities inc. BAME; LGBTQ+; Working Parents
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?