At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently recruiting for a Technical Coordinator to join Tarmac; to work on Europe’s largest current infrastructure project HS2. This role will be located in Coleshill at the HS2 facility close to Birmingham and we operate a Hybrid working policy, so flexibility is key in this role.
The role is easily accessible from Birmingham, Coventry, Solihull, Royal Leamington Spa, Kenilworth, Redditch, Nuneaton, Walsall and the surrounding areas.
Here at Tarmac, we are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
The role of Technical Coordinator will report directly to the HS2 Technical Manager you will work directly alongside the HS2 principle contractor to provide a technical and testing support service to the HS2 Infrastructure project, providing advice and information on Technical and Quality issues.
To be successful in this role the ideal candidate for the position of Technical Coordinator will have extensive experience and knowledge of Materials Testing for both concrete and asphalt. You will also:
- Possess good communications skills and will be able to liaise with stakeholders of varying seniority levels
- You will be required to have an understanding of civil engineering materials, materials testing (Asphalt and Concrete) and site construction operations
- Work with commercial and operational teams, reviewing specifications and identifying opportunities for alternative design proposals that will deliver benefits in line with the National Contracting strategy
- Advise HS2 Technical Manager, Senior Technician and Operational staff when quality standards are being compromised
- Co-ordinate programming of sub-contract site testing services and reporting of test results and checking reports
- Work closely with the operational teams to promote a proactive approach to material quality and workmanship standards
- Provide testing and technical support to mobile plants producing asphalt, concrete and hydraulically bound materials
- Investigate material and workmanship complaints, working with HS2, National Contracting and our Supply business
- Maintain and support UKAS accreditation and standards
- Have knowledge of Health and Safety policies and procedures
Key Stakeholders you will liaise with in the responsibilities of this role:
- Regional Technical Manager - Health & Safety team - Procurement and Support teams - Area Operations teams - Area Commercial teams – Regional A&A Technical Teams - Industry Bodies – Customers – Sub-Contract Test Houses
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate for the role of Technical Coordinator should be able to evidence previous experience and knowledge of test procedures for materials testing with a focus on concrete and asphalt wet and hardened properties and would have previous experience as a site or laboratory materials technician.
Technical Coordinator - Qualifications/Requirements/Capabilities:
- It is preferred that applicants have five GCSEs (A*C / 9-5) including English, Maths and Science, a role related degree would prove a distinct advantage
- ESSENTIAL - Strong knowledge of UKAS compliance and technical requirements
- ESSENTIAL - Knowledge of concrete and asphalt operations and techniques
- ESSENTIAL - Experience of compiling reports for both internal and external customers
- ESSENTIAL - Knowledge and complete understanding of relevant Standards and their application
- Good IT knowledge with the ability to maintain electronic records to compile and provide supporting data
Along with the role of Technical Coordinator we additionally offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Bonus scheme
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities inc. BAME; LGBTQ+; Working Parents
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
Tarmac is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
@Tarmac #Tarmac #Tarmaccareers #TechnicalCoordinator #Technicalmanager #Technicalsupervisor #MaterialsTechnician #TestTechnician #Materialstesttechnician #ConcreteTesting #Asphalttesting #HS2 #materials #testing
Tarmac Trading Limited