Technical Manager RMX
At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are recruiting a Technical Manager to join our Tarmac Concrete team based on site at Tarmac Sellafield in Seascale, Cumbria. This unique opportunity is easily accessible from Whitehaven, Workington, Cockermouth, Broughton-in-Furness, Kirkby-in-Furness and the surrounding areas.
The role of Technical Manager is a high-profile appointment that will provide you with the opportunity to partner with key stakeholders to manage Product process and compliance.
Here at Tarmac, we are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
Reporting directly to the Operations Manager, the role of Technical Manager will manage a small team of Technicians to ensure Product compliance. You will provide expert knowledge & Technical support to the Sales and Operational Teams with regard to Customer specifications and product manufacture/delivery.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Ensuring Health & Safety is the number one priority
- Provision of full and effective testing processes in accordance with standards and accreditation
- Identification of quality issues and the instigation of corrective action
- Effective technical team organisation, ensuring all business requirements are fulfilled
- Optimise products re cost and performance, as well as management / maintenance of trial mixes
- To oversee continuous work to optimise mix designs
In addition, your responsibilities as Technical Manager will include:
- Liaison with Customers to provide relevant product advice and assist with the investigation and resolution of Material Quality Complaints.
- Monitoring and assisting operations to meet the compliance and consistency criteria to ensure products conform
- Ensuring that all technical operational systems are adhered to in accordance with quality control plans / procedures & Sox compliant where required
- Investigating complaints and make recommendation for improvements and identify root causes
- Providing support to key customers as well as technical expertise to the internal sales department
- Ensuring technical performance KPI accountability
- Supporting the onsite Technical team in all aspects of the performance management process including completion of all appraisals and creation of personal development plans
- Engaging with, and managing the expectations of both internal stakeholders (commercial partners, technical teams, Quality Management and also sales colleagues) as well as external stakeholders (customers and suppliers)
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate for the role of Technical Manager will already have a strong working knowledge of aggregates and Ready Mix (RMX) concrete products and their applications as well as good appreciation of EN206 standards and specifications. Suitable candidates will also have:
- University Certificate or Diploma in Concrete Studies, City and Guilds Concrete Technology and Construction (similar) or equivalent working experience
- Knowledge of added value products and production process requirements
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven people management skills
- Ability and confidence to represent Tarmac/present at meetings
- Capability and evidence of ability to influence and persuade others
- An appetite for problem solving and demonstrate a solution focussed approach
- Excellent planning & organising skills
In addition to the role of Technical Manager we offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives, and benefits:
- Bonus scheme
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities inc. BAME; LGBTQ+; Working Parents
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
Tarmac, a CRH company, is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
@tarmac #tarmac #tarmaccareers #technicalmanager #technicalsupervisor #RMXjobs #Readymixjobs #concretejobs #productcompliance #technicalsupport #management #manager #RMXmanager #readymixmanager #cumbriajobs #sellafield #workingtonjobs #whitehavenjobs
Tarmac Trading Limited
Tarmac Trading Limited