Technical Security Analyst
At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for a Technical Security Analyst to join our IT team based in Solihull. The role is hybrid working.
The role is responsible for:
- Ensuring the delivery of consistent, appropriate, secure, cost-effective, compliant and high quality technical services to the Business
- Ensuring that the availability and capacity of all infrastructure systems and services are effectively secured, monitored and appropriate enhancements delivered
- Maintaining and identifying improvements to established governance in respect of system lifecycle, patch management, vulnerability detection and mitigation
- Leveraging innovative technologies & solutions and vendor partnerships to define and implement the technical strategies.
In this role you'll:
- Work with the Technical and Security teams in the analysis of security / vulnerability reports
- Work with the Technical team to plan vulnerability mitigation actions, implementations and changes
- Work with the Infrastructure teams to define infrastructure software and hardware end-of-life replacement timelines
- Perform scheduled IT security / audit tasks, liaising with third parties where required
- Perform scheduled activities with a focus on retaining security accreditations
- Assist with internal and external audit requirements/requests
- Quickly grasp user requirements and solution options
- Build solutions that comply right first time by design
- Investigate incidents and identify and mobilise the resources required to aid resolution, escalating SLA breaches
- Support continuous process improvement
- Ensure compliance with Internal Control processes and procedures
- Maintain environments in line with the GISP
The Ideal Candidate
To be successful in this role you'll:
- Be educated to degree standard or able to demonstrate appropriate significant and relevant experience in a similar role
- Have a familiarisation of SIEM tools & penetration test reports, vulnerability assessments and patch management
- Demonstrable experience of working within large server infrastructure estates
- Technical and security knowledge/experience of one or more of the following core disciplines: Windows, Linux, Virtualisation, Storage, Citrix and SQL
- Possess an understanding of Cyber Essentials, GDPR, and IT Audit
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Bonus scheme
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice.
- Access to join our Employee Communities inc. LGBTQ+; Working Parents.
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
Tarmac Trading Limited