Technician - HS2 Align JV
Tarmac is recruiting for a Concrete Testing Technician for Europe’s largest infrastructure project, HS2. HS2 Ltd will be the UK’s new high speed rail network. As well as improving capacity, the new scheme will shorten journey times between several Britain’s major population centres, boost the economy and create thousands of jobs.
The successful candidate will carry out product compliance testing relating to the C1 section of the route. The C1 package is worth £1.6bn and sits within HS2 phase 1. The route starts approximately 20km to the west of central London and runs across the Colne Valley and then through the Chiltern Hills. It consists of 21.6km of high speed rail infrastructure in and including a viaduct and tunnel. As part of this role you will log the results and communicate any non-conformance, with a view to ensuring corrective action is taken. You will also work to maintain awareness of site practices and quality procedures and take appropriate action where these may adversely affect product quality.
In this role you will be responsible for several tasks including:
- Carrying out product sampling, equipment calibration and testing in line with procedures and British Standards and in good time. Reporting relevant KPI’s
- Completing documentation and ensuring it is filed correctly as well as inputting test results into the appropriate system
- Advising management and/or supervisors when quality standards are at risk of being compromised and instigate corrective action to rectify or prevent any non-compliance
- Complying with company safety policy and promoting a high standard of safety awareness
- Promoting Tarmac and acting as a representative when with customers or stakeholders
- Delivering compliance with pre-agreed standards and QA procedures as measured in internal and external audits
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate should be able to evidence previous experience and knowledge of test procedures and material specifications along with a practical knowledge of company systems, plant control systems and procedures.
Ideally, you’ll have a proven understanding of company health and safety policy and procedures as well as the reporting requirements for near hits, NTI’S etc. Possession of a current full clean driving licence is essential and a current valid CSCS card and relevant NVQ is advantageous.
Experience of working in a similar role within a large complex multi-site business is also desirable. You will be enthusiastic, self-motivated and an organised individual who has a pragmatic and approachable personality. It is essential that you adopt a conscientious attitude to working safely.
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Highly competitive starting salary
- Bonus scheme
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Training and development opportunities
If you feel you have the right aptitude to learn new skills in a working environment with formal college training to excel in the role of Business Administration Apprentice, we want to hear from you. Please click APPLY below to register your interest!
At Tarmac we are passionate that our workforce reflects the communities where we operate. Our ambition is that everyone regardless of level, role, or background will enjoy an environment of respect, inclusion and belonging. We actively remove barriers to ensure everyone is supported and can reach their potential with us. We take active steps to encourage people from a broad range of backgrounds to apply for jobs at Tarmac as we believe a diverse, inclusive company will enable everyone to thrive. We are a disability confident employer and will make reasonable adjustments as required. We are committed to support flexible working and believe getting the balance right is critical to personal and professional success.
Tarmac Trading Limited