At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for a Technician to join our friendly team at our site in Tilbury.
Here at Tarmac we are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
The successful candidate will be required:
- To ensure quality ready-mixed concrete products are delivered to our customers
- To sample aggregate materials at our customer and production sites on a daily basis, where accuracy is paramount. This will be carried out to the highest safety standards and within your manual handling capabilities.
- Working in our laboratory to test aggregates as required from other sites.
- Reporting to Technical Manager
- Adhering to company Health and Safety procedures at all times
The Ideal Candidate
To be successful in this role we are looking for a candidate ideally with experience of testing aggregate and asphalt and with knowledge of aggregate production (although full training will be provided). They will also:
- Be hard working and self-motivated
- Have excellent communication skills and be able to liaise with stakeholders of varying seniority levels
- Be able to work independently and as part of a wider team
- The available role will be based on a 48 hour contract Monday to Friday
- Be IT Literate
- Be Health and Safety conscious
- Hold a full UK driving licence
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Bonus scheme
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
At Tarmac we are passionate that our workforce reflects the communities where we operate. Our ambition is that everyone regardless of level, role, or background will enjoy an environment of respect, inclusion and belonging. We actively remove barriers to ensure everyone is supported and can reach their potential with us. We take active steps to encourage people from a broad range of backgrounds to apply for jobs at Tarmac as we believe a diverse, inclusive company will enable everyone to thrive. We are a disability confident employer and will make reasonable adjustments as required. We are committed to support part-time and flexible working and believe getting the balance right is critical to personal and professional success.
Tarmac Trading Limited