At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for a Technician to join our friendly team at our Halecombe Quarry and Asphalt Plant, Frome.
Here at Tarmac we are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
Reporting directly to the Senior Technician you will be responsible for:
- To comply with Company safety policies and promote a high standard of safety awareness
- To carry out product sampling and testing in line with procedures and British Standards
- To carry out equipment calibration in line with procedures and British Standards; to carry out routine aggregate and asphalt testing in line with procedures and British standards as well as binder recovery of recycled asphalt
- To complete documentation and ensure this is filed correctly, and input test results into the appropriate system
- To advise management/supervisor or production teams when quality standards are being compromised and instigate action to rectify or prevent non-compliance
- To positively promote the company brand and act as an ambassador when customer facing
- Carrying out tests on time, meeting test frequency rates – reported in Quality KPI’s
- Carrying out accurate tests to relevant standard and reporting the result
- Correct identification of quality issues and taking effective corrective action when required
- Compliance with standards and QA procedures – measured in company internal and external audits
- Assist Senior Technician with complaint investigations
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- Technical NVQ – level 2 is desirable
- Working knowledge of test procedures and material specifications
- Working knowledge of Company systems, plant control systems and procedures
- Good understanding of company Health & Safety policy & procedure and reporting requirements
- Possession of a current full clean driving licence
- Team working
- IT literate to use technical and production systems
- Planning own workload
- Customer care
- Decision making
- Commercial awareness
- Handling conflict
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Bonus scheme
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
At Tarmac we are passionate that our workforce reflects the communities where we operate. Our ambition is that everyone regardless of level, role, or background will enjoy an environment of respect, inclusion and belonging. We actively remove barriers to ensure everyone is supported and can reach their potential with us. We take active steps to encourage people from a broad range of backgrounds to apply for jobs at Tarmac as we believe a diverse, inclusive company will enable everyone to thrive. We are a disability confident employer and will make reasonable adjustments as required. We are committed to support part-time and flexible working and believe getting the balance right is critical to personal and professional success.
Tarmac Trading Limited