At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for a Technician to join our friendly team at our Park Royal site in London.
Here at Tarmac, we are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
Reporting directly to the Senior Technician you will be responsible for:
- To comply with Company safety policies and promote a high standard of safety awareness
- To carry out product sampling and testing in line with procedures and British Standards
- To carry out equipment calibration in line with procedures and British Standards; to carry out routine aggregate and asphalt testing in line with procedures and British standards as well as binder recovery of recycled asphalt
- To complete documentation and ensure this is filed correctly, and input test results into the appropriate system
- To advise management/supervisor or production teams when quality standards are being compromised and instigate action to rectify or prevent non-compliance
- To positively promote the company brand and act as an ambassador when customer-facing
- Carrying out tests on time, meeting test frequency rates – reported in Quality KPI’s
- Carrying out accurate tests to the relevant standards and reporting the result
- Correct identification of quality issues and taking effective corrective action when required
- Compliance with standards and QA procedures – measured in company internal and external audits
- Assist Senior Technician with complaint investigations
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- Technical NVQ – level 2 is desirable
- Working knowledge of test procedures and material specifications
- Working knowledge of Company systems, plant control systems and procedures
- Good understanding of company Health & Safety policy & procedure and reporting requirements
- Possession of a current full clean driving licence
- Team working
- IT literate to use technical and production systems
- Planning own workload
- Customer care
- Decision making
- Commercial awareness
- Handling conflict
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Car allowance
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities inc. BAME; LGBTQ+; Working Parents
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
Tarmac Trading Limited