At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for a Technician to join our friendly team at our Cornelly Quarry Laboratory, Bridgend.
Here at Tarmac, we are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
Reporting directly to the Senior Technician you will be responsible for:
- The sampling and testing of both aggregate and asphalt materials on a daily basis where accuracy will be paramount. This will be carried out to the highest safety standards and within your manual handling capabilities
- Obtaining samples from both the rear of lorries (via a sample platform) and also from stockpiles situated within a live working quarry
- At times to visit other sites within Tarmac (using a company van) and carry out similar sampling and testing duties
- The majority of material testing carried out within the laboratory, which will include ovens, furnaces, sieves (with a mechanical shaker), weighing apparatus, chemicals and other scientific based equipment
- Ensuring the quality of the materials is monitored at all times
- Adhering to company Health and Safety procedures at all times
The Ideal Candidate
To be successful in this role we are looking for a candidate ideally with laboratory experience with knowledge of aggregate processing and/or asphalt production (although full training will be provided). They will also:
- Be hard working and self-motivated
- Have excellent communication skills and be able to liaise with stakeholders of varying seniority levels
- Be able to work independently and as part of a wider team
- Be IT Literate
- Be flexible in their working approach (occasional overtime, night shift and weekend work will be required)
- Be Health and Safety conscious
- Hold a full UK driving licence
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits, including:
- Bonus scheme
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice.
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
At Tarmac we are passionate that our workforce reflects the communities where we operate. Our ambition is that everyone regardless of level, role, or background will enjoy an environment of respect, inclusion and belonging. We actively remove barriers to ensure everyone is supported and can reach their potential with us. We take active steps to encourage people from a broad range of backgrounds to apply for jobs at Tarmac as we believe a diverse, inclusive company will enable everyone to thrive. We are a disability confident employer and will make reasonable adjustments as required. We are committed to support part-time and flexible working and believe getting the balance right is critical to personal and professional success.
Tarmac Trading Limited