Tender Planner (Technical Bid Writer)
Founded in 1968 Griffiths are one of the leading civil engineering and construction organisations working in Wales, the English border counties, and the West of England.
We pride ourselves in providing the “personal touch” establishing and maintaining mutually beneficial relationships at all levels within client organisations, throughout the supply chain and with stakeholders.
We are very proud of our history and what makes us the company we are today. We also have huge ambitions for the future and want to continue our growth and innovation to remain at the leading edge of our industry we offer a range of career development opportunities as a Business Unit of Tarmac PLC. We are looking for people who share this passion, enthusiasm, and collaborative approach to join our team. As part of a global business in CRH, the career opportunities are limitless.
We are currently looking for a Technical Planner (Technical Bid Writer) to join our ambitious team. This role reports to the Technical Manager.
We’re working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds. We operate a flexible working policy but this role will be based our head office in Abergavenny.
In this role you will be responsible for a number of tasks including:
- Produce and manage tender programme in Primavera P6 (or similar) according to the scope of works, client expectation, project objectives and deliverables. Once contract awarded, develop the tender programme in co-ordination with Project Team into a fully integrated Baseline Programme in line with agreed WBS and in accordance with the client's Project requirements.
- Hands-on planning preparation, optimise working programme to meet project objectives covering design, procurement, enabling, construction, commissioning, handover, and client key dates as appropriate.
- Develop construction methodologies, resource requirements, activity durations, schedule logic, float allocation and critical path identification.
- Interface with other team members (operational and pre-construction), Liaise with external contractors and suppliers to organise programme development.
- Represent the business where required at meetings.
- Manage 4-6 Tender programmes at a given time
The Ideal Candidate
As the ideal candidate it is anticipated that you will have:
- Proven IT skills (Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint mandatory)
- Excellent Programming Software Skills (Primavera P6 preferred)
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Understanding of construction industry terminology and delivery methods
- Excellent organisational skills
- Able to prioritise and work to challenging deadlines
- An understanding of project planning, scheduling, tracking, reporting and risk management.
- Experience of working on large-scale infrastructure projects (£500k+) (either as an individual or as a member of a team with specific areas of responsibility)
- Site engineering and construction management experience is desirable
- Bachelor’s degree/or equivalent with ideally 3 to 5 years of civil engineering industry experience or without a degree, ideally 5 to 8 years of equivalent relevant civil engineering industry experience.
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
At Tarmac we are passionate that our workforce reflects the communities where we operate. Our ambition is that everyone regardless of level, role, or background will enjoy an environment of respect, inclusion and belonging. We actively remove barriers to ensure everyone is supported and can reach their potential with us. We take active steps to encourage people from a broad range of backgrounds to apply for jobs at Tarmac as we believe a diverse, inclusive company will enable everyone to thrive. We are a disability confident employer and will make reasonable adjustments as required. We are committed to support part-time and flexible working and believe getting the balance right is critical to personal and professional success.
Tarmac Trading Limited