We are currently recruiting for Trainee Operative to join our Traffic Management team. This role will be located from our site in Chester-Le-Street and you will be required to travel across the Northern region; up to the Scottish borders.
Here at Tarmac, we are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
As a Trainee Operative you will work as a part of a team to support the successful delivery of traffic management schemes by Tarmac and our sub-contractors to achieve the successful overall delivery of the project.
Other responsibilities for this role of Trainee Operative; to which training will be given, will include:
- The installation, maintenance, removal and recording of temporary traffic management and control systems
- Working supervised for all general traffic management duties which you will be trained for and be competent to undertake as part of a team
- Completing traffic management day to day responsibilities upon instruction of the Foreman/Supervisor
- Support H & S – Zero accidents and environmental incidents
- Ensure all Health and Safety standards are being adhered too across all works
- Work to ensure any CDM regulations (principle contractor responsibilities) are being adhered too across all works
- Support environmental processes and best practice across the contract
- Ensure traffic management compliance
- Collaborate, promote and develop Health, Safety and wellbeing innovations
The Ideal Candidate
To be successful in the Trainee Operative role you will have a passion to work within a busy and heavy industry working environment. You will also:
- Possess good communication skills
- Be able to work independently and as part of a team
- Possess knowledge of Health and Safety policies and procedures – not essential
- A valid and Full UK Driving Licence - preferred
- A passion to excel in this role
- Be able to travel across the north of the UK up to the Scottish borders
In addition to the role of Trainee Operative we offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives, and benefits:
- Bonus scheme
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
Tarmac is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Tarmac Trading Limited