Come and start your journey with Tarmac as an Apprentice Technician where you will play a key role in checking the quality of our product and making improvements. In this exciting apprentice role you will gain experience talking to customers and your technical team, as well as other departments.
Activities may include:
Product sampling and testing
Undertaking basic maintenance and product inspections to make sure quality standards are being met
Record keeping and tracking data
Helping to keep the working environment maintained and safe, maintaining our high site standards
Investigating customer complaints with management
Taking pride in all work completed and being determined to succeed!
While learning in your day-to-day role, you will complete our Professional Technical Development Programme, giving you a good grounding to start an exciting career in our industry. Further details of the qualification can be found here:
The Ideal Candidate
Our people come from a variety of different backgrounds and prior experience isn’t always necessary for success. This following transferable skills and qualifications are beneficial in this role:
- GCSEs (or equivalent) at pass grade, with willingness to work towards level 4+ if required. Support provided by our business.
Analytical, able to spot trends in data.
Curious and questioning.
Enthusiastic about starting a career in the building materials industry!
Passionate about working safely.
A team player.
Willing to learn and develop.
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Bonus scheme
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities inc. BAME; LGBTQ+; Working Parents
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
Tarmac is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Tarmac Trading Limited