Trainee Traffic Management Operative
At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently recruiting for Trainee Traffic Management Operative to join our Traffic Management team working on the National Highways project of works. This role will be based from the Manchester area and you will be required to travel across the assigned region and further across the UK; dependant of current works requirements. The role is easily accessible from Manchester, Salford, Warrington, Stockport, Wigan and Oldham.
Here at Tarmac, we are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
As a Trainee Traffic Management Operative you will work as a part of a team to support the successful delivery of traffic management schemes by Tarmac and our sub-contractors to achieve the successful overall delivery of the project.
Other responsibilities for this role of Trainee Traffic Management Operative; to which training will be given, will include:
- The installation, maintenance, removal and recording of temporary traffic management and control systems
- Working supervised for all general traffic management duties which you will be trained for and be competent to undertake as part of a team
- Completing traffic management day to day responsibilities upon instruction of the Foreman/Supervisor
- Support H & S – Zero accidents and environmental incidents
- Ensure all Health and Safety standards are being adhered too across all works
- Work to ensure any CDM regulations (principle contractor responsibilities) are being adhered too across all works
- Support environmental processes and best practice across the contract
- Ensure traffic management compliance
- Collaborate, promote and develop Health, Safety and wellbeing innovations
You must be able to travel across the region of work, this could be local or the entire UK – overnight accommodation will be arranged for you
We are open to individual applications or from established Gangs/Teams
The Ideal Candidate
To be successful in the Trainee Traffic Management Operative role you will have a passion to work within a busy and heavy industry working environment. You will also as a Trainee Traffic Management Operative have the following:
- ESSENTIAL - A valid and Full UK Driving Licence with no more than 6 points
- Possess good communication skills
- Be able to work independently and as part of a team
- HGV/LGV license - would prove highly beneficial
- A passion to excel in this role
- Have a flexible approach to location and shift patterns in accordance with needs of the business
In addition to the role of Trainee Traffic Management Operative we offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives, and benefits:
- Bonus scheme
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities inc. BAME; LGBTQ+; Working Parents
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
Tarmac is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
@Tarmac #Tarmac #Tarmaccareers #Traineetrafficmanagmentoperative #Traineetrafficmanagement #Traineehighways #Trafficmanagement #Traineehighwaysoperative
Tarmac Trading Limited