Training Manager (12 month FTC)
Tarmac's ambition and performance is down to the people who work here. To support this we’re looking for a suitably qualified and experienced Training Manager who will be accountable for the identification and delivery of all training and development requirements across the Tarmac Southeast and Southwest Regions. The successful candidate will also ensure we are compliant with any required legislation and company management systems and the employees can demonstrate, with evidence, the competence to perform their responsibilities.
Typical responsibilities include:
- Training Matrices – developing and maintaining training matrices for their area of responsibility in conjunction with the relevant operational key stakeholders
- Competence profiles – maintaining competence profiles for each employee in their area of responsibility based on training matrices and training records, ensuring these are visible to the key stakeholders
- Records – ensuring that all data has been validated before being inputted into the competence database
- KPI’s – managing and engaging with key stakeholders, the training KPI’s within their area of responsibility, including progress against plan, spend and cancellations
- Training Planning – collating training and development needs, working with the wider L&D team to identify the best development solutions, and ensure delivery of submitted requests in the appropriate timescales
- Safer by competence – identifying learners that require vocational qualifications, and/or mobile plant licences for their current job role ensuring that the delivery and progress is monitored and complies with any associated procedures and/or policies. Ensuring that the licence to operate programme is delivered in the appropriate timescales, is monitored and complies with any associated procedures and/or policies
- Training Delivery – where required support wider L&D team with training
- Budget – ensuring that all training and assessment is recharged to the correct cost centres within the month of the delivery of the services
- PODP - monitoring the progress of delegates enrolled onto the PODP programme, carry out the 6 weekly reviews and ensure that all procedures linked to the programme are followed. Supporting delivery where required
- Management – carrying out line management responsibilities to any direct reports.
The Ideal Candidate
As our ideal candidate for this role, you will be expected to have
Experience and Knowledge
- Ability to influence and persuade managers
- Attention to detail critical
- Achieving goals against tight deadline
- Delivery of training
- Learning & Development qualification (L4)
- IOSH Managing Safely (Desirable)
- PTLLS or equivalent
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Bonus scheme
- Industry Leading Paternity & Maternity Policies
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities inc. BAME; LGBTQ+; Working Parents
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
Tarmac is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Tarmac Trading Limited