Are you a Transport Administrator looking for your next permanent role? If this is you then please read on as we may just have the role for you……
Founded in 1968, Griffiths are a sustainable Civil Engineering Contractor that helps connect communities through delivering Road, Rail, Water, and Utilities projects. We pride ourselves on delivering the highest quality projects in a healthy, safe, and sustainable manner to improve people’s everyday lives.
We are currently looking for a Transport Administrator to join the team at our Head Offices in Abergavenny. Due to the nature of the role, we are open to applications from candidates who live in; or can commute from some of the following areas: Newport, Cardiff, Swansea, Penarth, Barry, Porthcawl, Neath, Usk, Aberdare, Merthyr Tydfil, Llanfoist, Bristol, Chepstow, Pontypridd.
As part of a global business in CRH and a Business Unit of Tarmac PLC, the career opportunities are limitless. We are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
Reporting to the Transport Manager, the successful Transport Administrator will be working in a fast-paced transport team where you will be planning the safe and cost-effective utilisation of all HGV related requirements with Griffiths. You will also be coordinating the workforce and equipment to operate in line with Griffiths’ safety standards.
On a day-to-day basis, the responsibilities of the Transport Administrator will include the following (not exhaustive):
- Taking bookings for Tippers, Sweepers, Hiabs, Lowloader & plant related requests
- Planning all deliveries and collections of plant and equipment on syrinx scheduler
- Using the Syrinx system to capture all hires for invoice runs
- Ensuring safe systems of work are followed and the workforce is briefed accordingly
- Making sure all pre-start checks are completed and any defects are communicated
- Notifying the Transport Manager with regular updates outlining the Transport Departments’ Performance
- Assisting the Transport Manager in keeping the team briefed on updates
The Ideal Candidate
The successful Transport Administrator will be someone who can work under pressure, can demonstrate strong organisation and communication skills and has an understanding of health and safety processes.
Although not essential, if you have knowledge of transport related HR processes and have experience of using transport related systems, this would be beneficial in your application.
In the role of Transport Administrator, we additionally offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities (employee networks) we currently have nine communities inc. (REACH) Religious, Ethnic, Cultural Heritage, LGBTQ+, Parents & Carers, Ability, Wellbeing, Female Voice, and Menopause
- Training and development opportunities
Griffiths, part of Tarmac; a CRH Company, is an equal-opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Please click on the apply button to complete your application. Occasionally we receive a large volume of applications for our roles and when this happens we sometimes bring the published closing date forward, so please apply promptly to avoid disappointment.
@Alungriffiths #Alungriffiths @Griffiths #Griffiths @Tarmac #Tarmac #Tarmaccareers #Alungriffithscareers #construction #transport #transportadministrator #administrator #hgv
Tarmac Trading Limited