Transport Coordinator (Readymix)
At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for a Transport Coordinator (Readymix) to join our friendly team based at Tarmac Birtley in Co Durham. This role is commutable from Gateshead, Newcastle upon Tyne, Consett, Durham, Sunderland, Middlesbrough, Hartlepool, Darlington, South Shields, Wallsend, Longbenton and the surrounding areas.
We are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds, therefore prior technical experience isn’t always necessary for success.
This role reports directly to the Senior Shipper/Transport Coordinator and as the Transport Coordinator (Readymix) you will ideally have worked in a similar Coordinator or Sales Administrator role, providing support to key stakeholders.
In the role of Transport Coordinator (Readymix) you will be responsible for:
- Looking after Readymix deliveries for multiple major construction projects across the North East
- Effectively planning and scheduling the programme of works ensuring timely delivery of orders against agreed timeframes with the customers, whilst also optimising cost through effective truck utilisation
- Monitoring real time progress of scheduled orders allowing you to identify potential problem areas and proactively resolve them effectively
- Supervising Readymix vehicles owned and operated by Tarmac’s third party haulage base
- Managing hired haulage costs through understanding Owner Driver earnings v cost of hiring externally/transferring trucks
- Working with multiple teams and stakeholders to ensure excellent customer service is delivered
- Building and maintaining solid working relationships with customers, suppliers, plant staff and contract hauliers
- Contribute to the success of the team by providing the best offer for our customers, enhancing their experience promoting Tarmac as the supplier of choice
- Providing customers with progress updates on deliveries, in particular immediate notification of late loads
- Liaising with plants to ensure raw materials are in place to meet the forecast order and delivery schedule
- Responding positively & confidently to customer enquiries, seeking support where necessary
- Maintain the system effectively, ensuring information is regularly updated and accurate
- Adhering to company Health & Safety procedures at all times
The role is a Monday - Friday role, with additionally working 1 in 3 Saturday mornings.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate for the role of Transport Coordinator (Readymix) will preferably have experience working in a scheduling or distribution environment however we welcome applications from candidates with alternative experience and transferable skills. The role of Transport Coordinator (Readymix) is a varied but rewarding position that requires candidates to:
- Work collaboratively with internal and external teams to ensure all tasks are completed in a timely manner and to a high standard
- Possess good oral and written communication skills and the ability and confidence to engage with stakeholders at all levels
- Demonstrate an ability to positively contribute to a team
- Prioritise multiple tasks and issues remaining calm and controlled when working under pressure
- Be resilient, flexible and adaptable in their approach to work
- Evidence strong problem-solving skills as well as numeracy and analytical skills
- Demonstrate a ‘Proud to work for Tarmac’ attitude, building rapport and positive relationships with customers and internal colleagues
- Take pride in their work and possess good attention to detail
- Be focussed and demonstrate a determination to succeed
- Be ambitious to learn new skills and achieve own personal goals as well as business goals
- Have proven skills in Microsoft IT packages, and ideally have experience using SAP and CRM and in-house systems
- Evidence a commitment to driving and leading improvements to always contribute to a safe working environment
In addition to the role of Transport Coordinator (Readymix) we offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives, and benefits:
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities inc. BAME; LGBTQ+; Working Parents
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
Tarmac is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
@Tarmac #Tarmac #Tarmaccareers #Transportcoordinator #Fleetcoordinator #Fleetmanagement #Transportplanner #Logisticscoordinator #Logisticsplanner #Logisticsmanagement #salesadministrator
Tarmac Trading Limited