Transport / Fleet Planner - Hybrid Working
At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for a Transport / Fleet Planner to join our friendly team based at one of Tarmac Hub Offices close to Birmingham Airport in the West Midlands. This role is commutable either by car or train from Birmingham, Solihull, Coventry, Sutton Coldfield, Nuneaton, Tamworth, Hinkley, Redditch, Bromsgrove and the surrounding areas.
Due to the nature of the role, hybrid working will be in place on completion of successful training.
We are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds, therefore prior technical experience isn’t always necessary for success.
The role reports directly to the Readymix Supervisor and as the Transport / Fleet Planner you will have worked in a similar industry; thus providing support to your wider team and the Tarmac group.
Responsibilities for this role of Transport / Fleet Planner will include, but not exhaustive:
- You will be responsible for the day-to-day supervision of Readymix vehicles owned and operated by Tarmacs third party haulage base
- You will have a hands-on approach working alongside the distribution team and the wider area transport team to provide a cost effective, sustainable, safe & customer focused transport operation for the business
- You will be responsible for the management of compliance and legal requirements both from a statutory, industry and Tarmac perspective by ensuring that all contract and/or third-party hauliers are operating to Tarmac standards, practices, and procedures
- You will also strategically plan and build relationships with Third Party haulage suppliers through contract negotiation, and with the support of the Logistics and Distribution Manager be able to provide a medium to long term plan to meet demands
- Whilst industry experience would be desirable; it is not essential; we'd be really pleased to hear from you if you can demonstrate your ability to positively contribute to a team, take pride in your work and showcase your determination to succeed
The role is a Monday - Friday role, with additionally working 1 in 5 Saturday AM’s (Saturday is worked from home)
The Ideal Candidate
It is preferred that the successful candidate for the role of Transport / Fleet Planner will be experienced in the following:
- Microsoft IT packages – potential to include SAP and CRM systems as well as localised systems
- Working collaboratively with the existing team to ensure all tasks are completed in a timely manner and to a high standard
- Showing a ‘Proud to work for Tarmac’ attitude, building rapport and positive relationships with customers and internal colleagues
- Being ambitious to learn new skills and achieve your own personal goals, as well as business goal
The role of Transport / Fleet Planner is a varied, complex and rewarding position that requires:
- A commitment to driving and leading improvements to always contribute to a safe working environment
- Good communication skills, a desire to work as part of a team and the confidence to challenge processes and behaviours
- A flexible and adaptable approach to work
- The ability to provide excellent service to a range of both internal and external stakeholders
- Good interpersonal skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Good oral and written communication
- Numeracy and analytical ability
In addition to the role of Transport / Fleet Planner we offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives, and benefits:
- Bonus scheme
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities (employee networks) we currently have nine communities inc. (REACH) Religious, Ethnic, Cultural Heritage, LGBTQ+, Parents & Carers, Ability, Wellbeing, Female Voice, and Menopause
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
Tarmac is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
@Tarmac #Tarmac #Tarmaccareers #Transportcoordinator #Transportmanagement #Fleetcoordinator #Fleetmanagement #Transportplanner #Fleetplanner #Logisticscoordinator #Logisticsplanner #Logisticsmanagement
Tarmac Trading Limited