Transport Manager Euromix
At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for a Transport Manager, to deliver a safe & efficient transport service to the Euromix Concrete business.
In addition, the transport manager will be responsible for managing all relevant documents and information to deliver the most efficient schedule along with ensuring the company meets all statutory obligations of the rules and regulations in respect of Operator Licence, transport legislation and Company procedures. In addition you will be required to develop and deliver a Transport Strategy in line with the businesses growth plans.
- Manage induction, training and development plans, briefings for all drivers
- Ensure all drivers are suitably trained, including Driver CPC requirements and customer service training
- Ensure all vehicles are maintained and serviced in line with regulation and guidelines
- Responsible for ensuring all documents are up to date and appropriately recorded and filed to ensure regulations are fully met
- Ensure fleet is right sized to regular foretasted demand
- Identify and implement Transport Safety Improvement Plans
- Undertake H&S investigations as required
- To drive performance improvements
The Ideal Candidate
- Certificate of Professional Competence with refresher completed within last 5 years
- FORS Practitioner
- GCSE Maths and English grade C or above, or equivalent
- Experience of a multi-site transport operation running 50 plus vehicles
- Transport legislation regarding ‘O’ Licence, Drivers Hours, Maintenance, Vehicle Records, Construction and Use Regulations
- Road Health and Safety Management
- Contract Management
- Contract Negotiation
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits.
Some of the range of benefits on offer to employees include:
- Bonus scheme
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice.
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
At Tarmac we are passionate that our workforce reflects the communities where we operate. Our ambition is that everyone regardless of level, role, or background will enjoy an environment of respect, inclusion and belonging. We actively remove barriers to ensure everyone is supported and can reach their potential with us. We take active steps to encourage people from a broad range of backgrounds to apply for jobs at Tarmac as we believe a diverse, inclusive company will enable everyone to thrive. We are a disability confident employer and will make reasonable adjustments as required. We are committed to support part-time and flexible working and believe getting the balance right is critical to personal and professional success.
Tarmac Trading Limited