At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for a Transport Manager to join our team in Lanarkshire, Scotland, ML4 3NJ, to manage & be accountable for the management of a Core Contract Haulier fleet and management of 3rd party external fleet.
Here at Tarmac, we are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
Reporting directly to Area Transport Manager, the key accountabilities of the role would be to;
• Ensure that all own fleet drivers and hauliers (contract or hired) are inducted in Tarmac SHE policies and local procedures.
• Carry out regular vehicle safety audits to include road worthiness and compliance with Tarmac vehicle standards.
• Ensure all records of inductions and audits are kept up to date.
• Communicate any new or changed policies to own fleet, contract and hired fleet.
• Act as interface and investigate any complaints/issues relating to our own fleet drivers, contract hauliers or hire hauliers working for Tarmac.
• Build and maintain relationships with 3rd party haulage suppliers.
• Manage fleet size to best satisfy demand.
• Ensure adherence to transport policies and processes.
• Support fleet profile development to ensure overall benefit Tarmac [walking floor, sliding bogie].
• Manage the standards of own fleet and haulier availability – out of hours (night and weekends), flexibility (holistic visitation of multiple sites) and takes ownership of performance management throughout the area.
• Act as key input into improving engagement with contract hauliers in regards health, safety and customer service
• Carries out FORS auditing on Contract Fleet.
• Regularly attends and inputs to site SHE meetings
• Ensures haulier files are up to date through regular auditing
• Manages Tarmac’s cash by ensuring haulier reserves are kept positive at all times
Promote contract haulier scheme internally and externally of Tarmac
Certificate of Professional Competence is desirable
The Ideal Candidate
• Transport legislation regarding ‘O’ Licence, Drivers Hours
• Road Health and Safety Management
• Contract Management
• Financial awareness
• Calm disposition
• Ability to work under pressure
• People management
• Lateral thinking
• Communication/ Interpersonal
Personal Attributes and Behaviours
In return, we offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits.
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Bonus scheme
- Training & Development
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Industry Leading Maternity & Paternity Policies
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities inc. BAME; LGBTQ+; Working Parents
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
Tarmac is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Tarmac Trading Limited