Tyre Process Operative
At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for a Tyre Process Operative to join our friendly team based in Dunbar site, East Lothian, Scotland. Here at Tarmac, we are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
Reporting to the Site Manager, you will be primarily responsible for day to day hands-on production and processing of waste tyres working with a team.
- Unloading of waste fuels to the Cement Works
- Daily maintenance activities with mechanical engineering ability is important to be able to sustain the operation to increase reliability and efficiency
- Assisting in control of the yard area, this should be owned and managed to ensure safety, zero risk and effective flow. Customer Service skills should be thoroughly applied in and around the yard areas.
- Ability to develop your skills to undertake all maintenance as specified by Sapphire
- Coach others when required; in order to apply and sustain effective recognised maintenance practices
- Front end loader usage when unloading tyre delivery vehicles, feeding the hopper and loading tyre chip
- To help apply and sustain delivery of Sapphire’s objectives and the Improvement plan for the Site.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate should be able to demonstrate a proven experience of Production Maintenance with in-depth knowledge of practical mechanical operations.
- Apprentice trained with mechanical engineering ability and application and/or maintenance qualification
- CITB certificate on items of Mobile Plant – or equivalent
- IOSH certificate/Safety Passport
- First Aid certified - desirable
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits.
Some of the range of benefits on offer to employees include:
Enhanced holiday entitlement
Contributory pension scheme
Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice.
Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
Tarmac Trading Limited