At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for a Unit manager to join our team at Eysey Manor, Swindon. We’re working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
Reporting directly to the Production Manager this role requires responsibility for the day to day operations of the plant ensuring that all materials are produced and dispatched within expected budgetary constraints to meet or exceed customer expectations and requirements. You will also be responsible for:
- Ensuring Health and Safety policies and procedures are adhered to on site
- Co-ordinating all aspects of day to day operation of the team of operatives and contractors
- Ensuring daily KPI’s are recorded accurately
- Working closely with maintenance team/contractors to co-ordinate maintenance activities during a normal day and during shutdowns
- Liaising with customers regarding delivery and quality issues
- Ensuring the quality of the products manufactured and delivered to site
- Ensuring full communication to all parties in relation to plant availability, shut down and capacity
- Ensuring timely recording of all month end data. E.g. entering figures to SHE online, reporting on monthly stock figures
- Managing the site operation in line with the budgetary controls in place.
- Ensuring appropriate training is completed to ensure that appropriately trained personnel are available during holidays and sickness absence
- Administration of SHE Online – input of Near Hits, Actions, Visits, etc.
The Ideal Candidate
To be successful in this role we would expect the successful candidate to have previous management experience and to have worked within a similar industry. They will also:
- Have excellent communication and organisational skills
- Have experience of liaising with customers both internal and external to the business
- Have a proven record of delivering excellence in Safety, Health and Environmental standards in a similar environment
- Have a flexible working approach
Have previous experience in running a Sand and Gravel operation that is entering its primary restoration phase
Hold a SHE NVQ 4 and be working towards Level 6
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Bonus scheme
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
At Tarmac we are passionate that our workforce reflects the communities where we operate. Our ambition is that everyone regardless of level, role, or background will enjoy an environment of respect, inclusion and belonging. We actively remove barriers to ensure everyone is supported and can reach their potential with us. We take active steps to encourage people from a broad range of backgrounds to apply for jobs at Tarmac as we believe a diverse, inclusive company will enable everyone to thrive. We are a disability confident employer and will make reasonable adjustments as required. We are committed to support part-time and flexible working and believe getting the balance right is critical to personal and professional success.
Tarmac Trading Limited