Founded in 1968 Griffiths are one of the leading civil engineering and construction organisations working in Wales, the English border counties, and the West of England.
We pride ourselves in providing the “personal touch” establishing and maintaining mutually beneficial relationships at all levels within client organisations, throughout the supply chain and with stakeholders.
We are very proud of our history and what makes us the company we are today. We also have huge ambitions for the future and want to continue our growth and innovation to remain at the leading edge of our industry we offer a range of career development opportunities as a Business Unit of Tarmac PLC. We are looking for people who share this passion, enthusiasm, and collaborative approach to join our team. As part of a global business in CRH, the career opportunities are limitless.
We are currently looking for a Visualisation Engineer to join our ambitious team. This role reports to the Technical Manager.
We’re working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds. We operate a flexible working policy but this role will be based our head office in Abergavenny.
In this role you will be responsible for a number of tasks including:
- Manage and undertake the planning, visualization, and computer modelling aspects of Tender Submissions, producing winning visualisations and plans to support bid submission.
- Work closely with Estimator, Planner and Bid Manager to create cohesive construction plan that enhances bid submissions.
- Use design and modelling software to create 3-D plans for projects
- Collaborate with BIM Modelers and designers
- Produce Traffic Management and Phasing Plans to support the planners’ methodology and bid writers content.
- Support Marketing and Communications Officer with graphics for social media, website, general communications and marketing material.
The Ideal Candidate
As the ideal candidate it is anticipated that you will have:
- Proven IT skills (Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint mandatory)
- Excellent Programming Software Skills (Primavera P6 preferred)
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Understanding of construction industry terminology and delivery methods
- Excellent organisational skills
- Able to prioritise and work to challenging deadlines
- Experience of working on large-scale infrastructure projects (£500k+) (either as an individual or as a member of a team with specific areas of responsibility) is desirable
- An understanding of Chapter 8 Traffic Management is desirable
- Site engineering and construction management experience is desirable
- Bachelor’s degree/or equivalent with ideally 1 to 3 years of civil engineering industry experience without a degree, ideally 3 to 5 years of equivalent relevant civil engineering industry experience.
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
At Tarmac we are passionate that our workforce reflects the communities where we operate. Our ambition is that everyone regardless of level, role, or background will enjoy an environment of respect, inclusion and belonging. We actively remove barriers to ensure everyone is supported and can reach their potential with us. We take active steps to encourage people from a broad range of backgrounds to apply for jobs at Tarmac as we believe a diverse, inclusive company will enable everyone to thrive. We are a disability confident employer and will make reasonable adjustments as required. We are committed to support part-time and flexible working and believe getting the balance right is critical to personal and professional success.
Tarmac Trading Limited