At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for a Weighbridge Administrator at our friendly team at Block Fenn Sand and Gravel Quarry in Ely.
Here at Tarmac, we are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
Reporting to the Unit Manager, duties include will include general administration, monitoring site reception and the day to day running of the weighbridge: processing plant controls, and problem solving. The successful candidate will also:
- Be responsible for general administration tasks including answering/making calls, emailing, speaking with stakeholders both internal/external
- Attend regular meetings on site, as required
- Ticket lorries in and out of site
- Be responsible for maintaining the high personal safety expectations of the site. Including high standards of housekeeping.
- Be able to demonstrate a good understanding of Health and Safety
- Ensure that all KPI’s are up to date and accurate when inputted into the system
- Regularly review all systems and processes associated with weighbridge duties and implement best practice in line with the business needs
- Checking vehicle compliance in line with company SHE procedures and Fleet Operator Requirements (FORS) and Quality and Road Traffic Act requirements
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate for this role will have experience within a similar working environment and possess excellent administrative skills. Other requirements would include:
- Good communication skills when talking with customers, clients and staff
- Good written skills
- Being IT literate – Microsoft Office(Word, Excel, Project) knowledge is essential
- Planning and organising skills
- An understanding of vehicle delivery scheduling and of transport planning systems (would be desirable)
- Knowledge of distribution processes
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Bonus scheme
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
At Tarmac we are passionate that our workforce reflects the communities where we operate. Our ambition is that everyone regardless of level, role, or background will enjoy an environment of respect, inclusion and belonging. We actively remove barriers to ensure everyone is supported and can reach their potential with us. We take active steps to encourage people from a broad range of backgrounds to apply for jobs at Tarmac as we believe a diverse, inclusive company will enable everyone to thrive. We are a disability confident employer and will make reasonable adjustments as required. We are committed to support flexible working and believe getting the balance right is critical to personal and professional success.
Tarmac Trading Limited