At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for a Weighbridge Administrator at our site in Eysey Manor, Swindon to join our friendly team on the 12 months fixed term contract. Here at Tarmac, we are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
Reporting to the Site Manager, duties will include general administration, monitoring site reception and the day to day running of the weighbridge: processing plant controls, and problem-solving. The successful candidate will also:
- Be responsible for general administrative tasks including answering/making calls, emailing, speaking with stakeholders both internal/external
- Attend regular meetings on-site, as required
- Ticket lorries in and out of site
- Be responsible for maintaining the high personal safety expectations of the site. Including high standards of housekeeping.
- Be able to demonstrate a good understanding of Health and Safety
- Ensure that all KPI’s are up to date and accurate when inputted into the system
- Regularly review all systems and processes associated with weighbridge duties and implement best practice in line with the business needs
- Checking vehicle compliance in line with company SHE procedures and Fleet Operator Requirements (FORS) and Quality and Road Traffic Act requirements
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate for this role will have experience within a similar working environment and possess excellent administrative skills. Other requirements would include:
- Good communication skills when talking with customers, clients and staff
- Good written skills
- Being IT literate – Microsoft Office(Word, Excel, Project) knowledge is essential
- Planning and organising skills
- An understanding of vehicle delivery scheduling and of transport planning systems (would be desirable)
- Knowledge of distribution processes
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Bonus scheme
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
Tarmac Trading Limited