At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for an experienced Weighbridge Operative to join our friendly team based at our Washwood Heath plant in Birmingham. The site is easily accessible via most major road networks, based in the heart of the Midlands on the outskirts of Birmingham and without entering the new ‘Green Zone’. Why wait…..apply for our role of Weighbridge Operative today.
The plant is easily commutable from Birmingham, Coventry, Solihull, Walsall, Redditch, Wolverhampton, Nuneaton, Dudley, Sutton Coldfield, Bromsgrove, Tamworth and surrounding areas.
Here at Tarmac, we are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds, therefore prior technical experience isn’t always necessary for success.
As a Weighbridge Operative you will be responsible for the operation of a busy Weighbridge on a day-to-day basis, ensuring that all vehicles entering or leaving the site are within transport weight regulations and accounted for. That is role would consider someone without experience, but you will need to have experience working with IT packages.
Your duties in the role of Weighbridge Operative will be the following (not exhaustive):
- Managing all vehicles entering and exiting the site, weighing their load, quality checking and recording data accurately
- Recording and calculating inputs and outputs, producing weighbridge tickets, and directing all vehicles to the correct area on our site
- Recording all weighbridge activity correctly, accurately and with high organisation
- Carrying out the necessary admin work to complete the process
- Liaising with drivers, as they deliver to the site and resolving any issues/problems that occur
- Liaise with other site team members, keeping a steady flow of traffic moving
- Liaise with other Weighbridge personnel to ensure that the Weighbridge is maintained during the site’s opening hours
- Answering phone enquiries
- Dealing with other administrative tasks
The role runs on a shift pattern 4 on – 4 off (Days and Nights) with shift allowance and overtime available as required to meet with the demands of an extremely busy and growing site
The Ideal Candidate
In the role of Weighbridge Operative, you will ideally have the following:
- Knowledge of HGV weight restrictions or motivated to learn
- Experience in the same or similar role – training will be provided to the successful applicant
- Experience in Microsoft packages
- A Highly motivated team player
- Effective communicator
- Professional with all colleagues and contractors entering and leaving site
In addition to the role of Weighbridge Operative we offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives, and benefits:
- Bonus scheme
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities inc. BAME; LGBTQ+; Working Parents
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
Tarmac is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
@Tarmac #tarmac #tarmaccareers #weighbridge #weighbridgeoperative #weighbridgeoperator #HGV #LGV
Tarmac Trading Limited