At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for a Mechanical Craftsperson to join our team based at Tunstead site, Buxton, Derbyshire. We’re working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
Reporting directly to the Mechanical Supervisor (Execution), you will carry out scheduled planned and reactive mechanical maintenance activities to maintain plant condition and performance to support the delivery of the weekly production schedules. Monitor and maintain condition and performance of all Stone section processing plants and associated equipment and identify any circumstances that could result in an impact on availability or performance while supporting the Mechanical Supervisor to meet defined mechanical KPI targets.
Carry out mechanical activities as specified by Methods Team and lead mechanical breakdown and break-in repairs to ensure expected plant reliability and to optimise plant and equipment performance. Most effective mean time to repair methods to be adopted to minimise production disruption and downtime.
The Ideal Candidate
This is a varied, complex and rewarding position that requires:
- Good knowledge of crushing, screening, conveying, hydraulic and pneumatic systems
- Use of PC’s and capability to use common applications and company systems
- Fault finding ability to identify defects and recommend appropriate action
- Good practical knowledge and experience of maintenance systems required
- Ability to assess SHE risks arising from work activities and control risks accordingly
- Knowledge of site-specific SHE procedures and Safe Working Practices
- Working knowledge of plant and machinery
- Basic report writing
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Bonus scheme
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
Tarmac Trading Limited