Multi Skilled Operative
At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for a Multi Skilled Operative to join our friendly team at our Tarmac Dolyhir/Strinds Quarry, which is located in Presteigne close to Hereford in Herefordshire. As well as Hereford, this site is easily accessible from Hay on Wye, Ludlow, Leominster, Llandrindod Wells, Newtown and the surrounding areas
Here at Tarmac, we are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
As a Multi Skilled Operative you will work as part of the Multi-Skilled Operational team which produces dry aggregates material for the construction industry. As well as delivering best in class Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality performance for our Plant operations.
In the role of Multi Skilled Operative you will specifically focus on operational tasks including:
- Working with aggregates on site and operating machinery
- Housekeeping duties on site
- Operating weighbridge
- Driving loading shovel
- Day to day maintenance, maintaining the highest levels of housekeeping
- Maintenance and driving a culture of zero harm and behavioural safety
- Compliance and awareness Health and Safety measure around the site
- Training and operation on static plant operations to help drive plant optimisation
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate for the role of Multi Skilled Operative will be able to demonstrate proven experience working within an Industrial, Factory or similar environment as an operative or labourer. As well as possess good communication skills and have a real desire in developing both operative and supervisory skills.
As part of an operational team, the Multi Skilled Operative will be able to demonstrate proven experience of working within a similar environment. You will also:
- Have knowledge of the industry and ideally of quarrying
- Be flexible and able to work as part of an effective Multi-Skilled Operative team
- Be self-motivated and able to motivate other colleagues in the team
- Have knowledge of Risk Assessments within role
- Have knowledge of SSOW (HIRA) and Permit systems (preferred but not essential)
- Be compliant and engage with company policies, targets, goals and standards
In the role of Multi Skilled Operative we additionally offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Bonus scheme
- Paid overtime
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities (employee networks) we currently have nine communities inc. (REACH) Religious, Ethnic, Cultural Heritage, LGBTQ+, Parents & Carers, Ability, Wellbeing, Female Voice, and Menopause
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
Tarmac, a CRH company, is an equal-opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Please click on the apply button to complete your application. Occasionally we receive a large volume of applications for our roles and when this happens we sometimes bring the published closing date forward, so please apply promptly to avoid disappointment.
@Tarmac #Tarmac #TarmacCareers #Operative #multiskilledoperative #operativejobs #plantjobs #quarryjobs #Presteigne #Hereford #HayonWye #Ludlow #Leominster #LlandrindodWells #Newtown
Tarmac Trading Limited